Saturday, April 23, 2011

6weeks Sketch Marathon & Paginated Exhibition at Rathborne Lodge in Garden

Yahoo, Friends, are you enjoying sketching?
The Sketchabout was a great fun, the "6 weeks sketch marathon." The final week, despite heavy rain, we went to the Opera House and the Tropical Centre in the Botanical Garden.
Sketcher from England
....a bit hilarious tragicomedy for me, no sense of direction person!
I'm hopeless for a direction and got lost at the Opera House to see other members. Eventually, even though I could catch up with others, a horrible hour for me, gulp?! What was worse, I and the papers became "drawn rats" in the heavy rain. Anyhow, I made one watercolor. Friends, white spots on the watercolor painting are not salt, but rain drops!!
While I was sketching, I was lost again. Already my feet were like "tea bags." I was worried if I could walk back to the Garden within the time. An angel came to me! One member was waiting for this lost sheep. Furthermore, I soon realized the lady walking along with my walking pace. How kind and caring she was! I'd really, really appreciate her help.In the Tropical Centre, I sketched other members, as figurative work makes me most comfortable. The drawn rat came back to life and turned to be a woman again!When I look back the sketch marathon, the most precious bonus is making friends with other members and the Garden Trust staff and ...even with rangers(*They helped this wondering sheep!). Second, it eases my "landscape & architecture allergy." Particularly, 2 sketches, the Palm Grove Centre & Bats and the Government House in Rain were a great fun. I was surprised at myself ~(*o*)~. Third, another surprise was that this no-direction-sense girl walked around in the huge garden with a map! Oh, challening brings confidence.

So, Friends, if you love drawing and painting,
come & join the Sydney Sketch Club! You'll meet our big smiles ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ.Also, it's really lovely to encourage each other in a group. Indeed, other members cheered me up to try landscapes/architecture and celebrated my outcomes. I love ye, Members!

One more bonus is that we are invited for the opening night of
The Paginated Garden Exhibition
at
Rathborne Lodge in Royal Botanic Garden
Friday 29th April to Sunday, 1st May, 10am-4pm.

The map is below ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ. Please come and enoy sketches and handmade sketchbooks. You can choose your favorite and vote for "People's Choice."

Finally, thank you very much for the Gardedn Trust staff, other backstage players and hardworkers who have organized the event with great efforts, sensitiveness and care.
The success is your fruit.
Let us enjoy it together at the party evening next Thursday!! Yey!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE those rain drops. It makes a wonderful picture--they splashed into a perfect design and we can feel the heavy wet air and the moody atmosphere. All the rest of the pictures are a delight, too.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And P.S. Cheer up, Sadami, you have lots of company who get lost. I have absolutely NO sense of direction-- I get lost when I go out my front door.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Annie!
    Thank you so much!! Very happy to know that the spots are really "spot on" and I have many "companies" on the earth. Happy Easter!
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an adventure when you go out with your friends. Laughter is the best medicine and I thank you for today's dose! Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Linda! How did you find this blog!! Very happy to see ye here. Yes, laughter is the best medicine that brings a world happiness.
    God, bless you, too. Have a wonderful day.
    Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete