Friday, March 18, 2011

My Garden Walkabout

Hi I had the pleasure of joining the 1st sketchabout last Saturday. It was exciting meeting new people who are fellow artists in the gardens. I sketched this while sitting in the herb garden. I feel a kinship with herbs because I've grown some and it was really good to reconnect. My favourite new herb is Echinacea.



Also I had the chance to see the wonderful lotuses in summer which Wendy told me about. Sometimes I sketch on location and sometimes I study the plants more closely when I get home and sketch from a photo, especially if it's glary.

I hope to make it to some more sketchabouts soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Colette,
    Very eye-catchy watercolor paintings. Ah, beautiful!
    Next time, please teach me about herbsʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ.
    Kind regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete