Friday, January 28, 2011

Autumn

Hi everyone,
I am the teacher of the book-binding and sketching classes. I'm just finishing the drawings in a book like the one we will make in class. This two-page spread will soon extend over four pages but is not quite complete. I drew the water-lilies yesterday in all that heat. When my book is complete I'll try to photograph the whole thing. I haven't done any writing or collage in this book, but I do in my 'normal' sketchbook.
I should tell you something about myself. I went to art school in 2002 as a mature age student. I painted but wanted to improve my drawing. I did a three-year full-time Advanced Diploma of Fine Art at the Sydney Gallery School. Then I did a Bachelor of Fine Art at COFA (part of the University of NSW). I have been keeping a sketchbook ever since. I teach painting at Sydney Community College and sometimes paper art and book art classes at Artwise (the Amazing Paper shop).
I'm really looking forward to this course. I have so much to share with you and it's so much fun sketching in the gardens.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Wendy, I love the way that you finished this page. The three different sketches work s well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's inspired! And I do like that Autumn statue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy. This is lovely. After our discussion I went to see the lotus flowers for the first time! I was totally amazed.

    ReplyDelete