Saturday, September 24, 2011

It was a beautiful day in the Gardens on Thursday, though a cool breeze near the water. We started out on the Spring Walk. Look how gorgeous. There were a lot of people looking and I was lucky to get this photo in a minute when they'd all disappeared. After lunch we moved on to draw trees. I have been wanting to do this ever since I saw Julia and Catherine's beautiful tree drawings the day the sketchabout went to Government House. The colours have been chosen for fun, rather than following nature. The top one is a Port Jackson fig, and the lower
one is a Moreton Bay fig.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I knew your blog from botany and is a subject that interests me very much, flora, botany and drawing. I have to visit to learn better, I really like.
    Greetings from Spain.
    Beni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old man limbs of your fig trees, Wendy. And the 'fun' colours. They seem true .. the inner colours of those old fellas if they could dress up.

    ReplyDelete